5 supplements for stronger hair
Do you want to improve the condition of your hair? Taking the right supplements will help you significantly improve the appearance of your hair in no time. See what you should be taking.
What Supplements for Strong Hair?
Everyone, who dreams about healthy hair, should remember that the basis is a rational diet, through which we provide the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals. It happens, however, that we have deficiencies of certain components, then supplementation comes with help.
What should be supplemented to improve the condition of hair?
In this article you will not find suggestions of ready-made preparations, because our goal is not to advertise any of them. We will point out to you vitamins and other ingredients that affect the condition of your hair. In this way, you will be able to decide whether you prefer to supplement a ready-made preparation or rather take specific vitamins and minerals.
Vitamins for hair – what is worth taking?
If you are not always able to maintain a balanced diet, then you probably have some vitamin deficiencies. Which of these can cause hair problems? The so-called “hair vitamins” are:
- B vitamins – including vitamin B5 (positively affects hair pigmentation and relieves skin inflammation on the head), B6 (positively affects the process of new hair formation), B9 (stimulates hair growth), B2 (inhibits hair loss), B12 (prevents greasy hair).
- Vitamin A – its deficiency causes excessive hair loss, brittleness and dryness.
- Vitamin E moisturizes your hair and helps in skin regeneration on your head. If you take care of its correct level, your hair will be thick and shiny.
- Vitamin C has a supporting role, as its proper level is necessary for the absorption of iron, which is responsible for the rate of hair growth.
- Vitamin H – biotin, without which it is not possible to maintain an adequate level of zinc, which among other things regulates the work of the sebaceous glands. In the structure of biotin there are sulfur atoms, which are components of creatinine, the main building block of hair.
What else is there besides vitamins for hair?
Hair doesn’t live on vitamins alone! Be sure to take care of the right levels:
- Collagen, deficiency of which causes hair loss and general deterioration of hair condition (thin, dry and brittle hair).
- Amino acids – very important for the condition of hair are among others cystine, cysteine, methionine, tyrosine and arginine. Amino acids affect hair growth, and their appropriate level makes the hair stronger.
- Selenium – prevents excessive hair loss. People with selenium deficiency complain about dandruff and oily hair.
- Creatine, which wraps hair in a protective coat, protects hair from the harmful effects of external factors. It makes hair flexible and shiny
- Zinc regulates the sebaceous glands.
- Silicon – accelerates hair growth and reduces its fragility. Zinc deficiency results in accelerated graying of hair and the appearance of dandruff.
What are the best hair care supplements?
If we were to recommend the top 5 supplements to your attention, it would be selenium, zinc, silicon, B vitamins and vitamin H. However, the condition of your hair is affected by many more ingredients. You definitely need to choose the type of supplementation based on your symptoms. Only this approach is a guarantee of success.
main photo: pixabay.com/jonas-svidras